What is Women's Physiotherapy?
Women’s health physiotherapy helps manage and treat issues specific to women through their life stages – from young women, through the child-bearing years, to mid-life and beyond menopause.
Women’s health physiotherapy services include management of incontinence, pelvic floor muscle function, general exercise regimes, sciatic or lower back pain, ageing issues plus much more.
Pre/post natal & Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
- Management of incontinence
- Waterworks problems (urgency & frequency)
- Pre- and post-operative exercise education
- Treatment of pelvic pain
- Pelvic floor muscle function
- General exercise regimes
- Treatment of muscle and joint dysfunction
- Postural re-education
- Management of breast mastitis
Surgery / Musculoskeletal rehab assessment & treatment
- Management of lower back pain / sciatic
- Pelvic and SIJ pain
- Abdominal muscle rehabilitation
- Advice for the older women to reduce the problems of ageing (age related stiffness and loss of mobility)
- Instruction in and supervision of exercise programs
- Return to exercise
- Scar management
- Remedial therapy
- Return to work
Our Women Physiotherapy Team
Our experienced female physiotherapist understand the needs of a woman, whether it’s pre or post natal physiotherapy or pain management, your Physio will take the time to listen, assess and treat.
Is this service covered by (Medicare) rebate?
Ask your doctor to see if you qualify for an EPC plan. If your do, then ask for the referral to be made out to us. This way we can bulk bill you for up to 5 visits each year.
Is this service covered by Private Health Insurance?
Ask your private health fund to see if you have physiotherapy cover. You can call us to find out the codes you need in order to claim. We have onsite HICAPS for hassle free claiming on the day of your apointmnet.