Ingrown Toenail Treatment Gold Coast
Ingrown Toenail Treatment Gold Coast will be discussed in this blog. An ingrown toenail can be incredibly painful. They are usually not self healing and will get worse without treatment. Fortunately a Podiatrist can help you with this painful and often debilitating problem and offer Ingrown toenail treatment that gives a permanent fix.
What is an Ingrown toenail?
What causes an Ingrown toenail?
- Genetic – some people are genetically predisposed to developing ingrown nails.
- Poor Nail cutting technique – Nails should be cut straight across or to follow the shape of the end of the toe, cutting too far down the side of the toe can cause nail to grow in
- Footwear – shoes that are too tight or narrow will cause excess pressure on the sides of the toenail, resulting in ingrown nails
- Trauma – direct trauma like kicking or dropping something on the toe
- Excess sweating – teenagers are prone to ingrown nails due to increased sweating and playing sport. Excess sweet will cause the nail and skin to become softer making skin easier to penetrate and nail to change shape
How can I fix it?
If you are struggling with this problem don’t hesitate to call us and book an appointment on 07 5572 6222.