Futsal injury prevention and treatment
In this blog we talk about Futsal injury prevention and treatment. Playing soccer / football can be a great activity for all ages, but like any other sport there is always an associated risk of injury. There are some injuries that are more evident in younger players such as Osgoode-schlatters or Severs, while in older players we might see more ACL, meniscus or concussion type injuries. Some common injuries are:
- Stress fractures
- Growing pain such as Osgoode-schlatters and Severs
- Sprained ankles
- Muscle strain or tears
- Injured tendons for example Tendinopathy
- Knee injuries such as ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL, Meniscus injury, Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Shin splints
- Foot injuries
Out of these there are 4 that stand out more than others.
Most common Injuries
- Shin splints – This is the overuse of the muscles along the inside of the leg. It can be related to flat feet and pronation, sudden increase in exercise, poor running posture and weakness.
- Ankle sprains – Its easy to sprain an ankle especially in futsal. Fast side to side movements. this can be related to foot posture, flexability and poor balance. This is the most common futsal injury.
- ACL injury – ACL stands for Anterior cruciate ligament. This ligament is in the knee joint. It gets put under high stress during turning and pivoting. This is why its such a highly injured area.
- Hamstring strain – Your hamstring is placed under high stress during most activities. Jumping, running, stopping. This must be rehabilitated properly post injury due to its high load job.
Futsal injury prevention and treatment is important for every part of the body. Every injury will cause some sort of disruption to the athletes level of performance. At Ace we want to keep you on the court/field performing at your very best. See one of our health professionals to prevent injury or return to your best post injury and at a high level of performance. We are able to provide proper advice and education to better understand your injury as well as provide proper rehab exercises and make shoe recommendations.